The dates of the two cohorts will likely be in mid-June 2012 when the summer holidays in the USA begins.
Please read my detailed report about my experience especially report number 4 to help you in your application.
All the best & do inform me through the comment form in this blog or email me at email@example.com if you have been successful.
Details are included below.
Rodney Tan Chai Whatt
(aka the Spaceman Teacher)
The Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy (HE @ SA) program provides 45 hours of intensive classroom, laboratory and training time, focusing on space science and space exploration. During the program, teachers participate in astronaut-style training and simulations, along with activities designed to promote life-long learning in a classroom setting. All lessons and activities are correlated to National Science and Math Standards and are ready to use in the classroom.
Scholarships to the program are underwritten by Honeywell Hometown Solutions and the donations of more than 1,700 Honeywell employees. Each scholarship covers:
1. Tuition for the 5-day HE @ SA program at U.S. Space Camp in Alabama;
2. Roundtrip airfare (from home airport to Huntsville and returning trip from Huntsville to same home airport teacher departed from only);
3. Meals and double occupancy accommodations;
4. Program materials for teachers;
To be considered to receive a scholarship for the 2012 Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy program teacher must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be a current and practicing educator that is teaching science or math to students ages 10-14 years old and will continue to teach these subjects areas through 2012;
2. Certified teacher in a public, state, or private school system;
3. Is not a spouse/family member of a U.S. Space & Rocket Center employee;
4. Has not previously attended Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy and/or a Space Camp educator program.
The 2012 program will take place at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama; however the program dates have not been determined.
If you have any questions about the application please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Three hours of Graduate Credit is offered as part of this program for an additional fee. More detailed information will be provided after you are accepted to the program about earning and paying for the credit through the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.
Scholarship recipients will be contacted in March 2012.
Additional information about the program can be found at www.spacecamp.com/educators/honeywell. You can also find more information on Honeywell Hometown Solutions and our commitment to science and math education at www.honeywell.com/hhs. Thank you for the interest in the HE @ SA program.
Honeywell Hometown Solutions and the U.S. Space & Rocket Center
Helpful hints for applying:
1. Teachers may only submit one application and only one application may be submitted per computer;
2. Applicants may make changes to their application on the same computer until December 31, 2011;
3. The application will take about 20 minutes to complete.
4. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed for selection.